Twin Oaks Home Inspection LLC
Greater Manchester and Concord Areas
My home inspection service is a visual inspection of all structural elements and systems which are accessible. If safety conditions allow, I walk the roof and crawl into spaces below the structures to insure that nothing is missed. I explain to you what I see and what I don't see as we search for issues or signs of potential problems during the inspection. As items are identified, I will explain what that means to you and possible repair suggestions.
- Foundation and drainage (type, cracks, signs of water entry, etc.)
- Roofing (type, condition, missing shingles, proper flashing, etc.)
- Exterior (walls, siding type, drainage, landscape, etc.)
- Porches and decks (structure, supports, wood contact with ground, cracks, etc.)
- Attic (structure, evidence of pests, leaks, "temporary fixes", etc.)
- Insulation (type and amount)
- Electrical systems (wiring, outlets, switches, fans, electrical panels, etc.)
- Plumbing systems (piping, faucets, hot water, etc.)
- Kitchen and Bathroom (sinks, showers, fixtures, ventilation, cabinets, etc.)
- Interior (walls, ceilings, floors, fixtures, smoke detectors, laundry room, etc.)
- LeadintheHome (lead paint interior and exterior if building was constructed before 1978)
- Doors and windows (operational?, locks, etc.)
- Heating and air conditioning systems (boiler, furnace, evaporator, distribution system, etc.)
- Ventilation (properly sized, operational, etc.)
- Basements and crawl spaces (water entry, structural damage, pests, etc.)
- Fireplaces / Stoves / Chimneys (flue liners, damper operation, proximity to flamable materials, etc.)
- Garages (electrical, floors, automatic openers, ventilation, etc.)
- Pests (visual inspection of open areas for signs of pests including ants, mice, termites, wasps, bats, etc.)
- Mold (limited visual inspection for mold like substances.)
I strongly encourage you to accompany me (bring the dads and uncles if you want) so that you may ask questions and gain a better understanding of the systems in the home. I provide paper pads for you to take notes, as well as, items that you may want to discuss or ask questions about later.
Testing & Sampling:
Drinking water tests (private wells) can be scheduled for the day of the inspection. Basic tests include (Total coliform, fecal coliform, E.coli, chloride, hardness, iron, nitrates, Ph, sodium, etc.)
Arsenic tests can be conducted to detect its presence. Excessive ingestion of arsenic can cause severe poisoning and possible cancer.
Radon tests can be conducted to detect its presence in the water, as well as, in the air. Areas with large deposits of granite (New Hampshire) are more prone to radon. The EPA recommends action to reduce radon in the home exceeding 4.0 pCi/L.
- Warranty Inspections on new homes are conducted 10-11 months after the purchase date to reveal any structural or other problems that are covered in the 12 month Contractors Warranty.
Call Gerry at 603.224.4952
Inspections can usually be scheduled in one to three days.
Weekends and evenings (daylight permitting!) are also available